Meet your GreenIT goals and green your bottom-line by consolidating servers via server virtualization. Driven by corporate responsibility, virtualization just makes good business sense.
This is what we've accomplished with our own GreenIT initiatives:
- Combining our internal virtualization efforts with those of our clients’, our data centers boast a combined total of 72 virtual servers running on 11 physical boxes, a 7.0:1 consolidation ratio.
- Based on our server consolidation initiatives, we expect to achieve:
- $224,640 in server growth avoidance savings (annual savings)
- $219,656 in server power savings (annual savings)
- This power savings helps to drive:
- 269.6 metric tons of CO2 emissions savings
- Saving 49 cars worth of CO2 emissions
- Saving 29 homes worth of CO2 emissions
- Saving the equivalent sequestration power of 646 trees
Calculations provided by © 2010 Microsoft Corporation, 2001-2010 Alinean, Inc. All rights reserved.