Carrying on a tradition spanning more than 80 years, our substantial knowledge of government processes puts Fandotech in a unique position to both retrofit and innovate initiatives to leverage technology within government so your agencies can better serve the community.
180IT: Practical + Tactical
No dedicated IT staff? No problem. Our 180IT solution is typically suited for smaller towns with less than 15,000 residents. Enjoy the benefits of a full IT department at a manageable, predictable monthly rate.
- VCIO assists in strategic planning to develop a technical roadmap.
- Network design services.
- Day-to-day support through remote and on-site support.
- Proactive 24x7x365 performance monitoring of assets.
- Automation of manual tasks (i.e. backups, patch management etc.).
360IT: Complementary Services + Hardware Option.
For communities with 15,000 to 100,000 residents who typically have IT staff on hand, Fandotech can augment your existing team with our technical skill sets. Be it Cisco routers, Internet security or server maintenance; we can fill the gaps, rendering your staff more productive and available to manage day-to-day initiatives.
Take it one step further and transition your procurement process to us. Equipment generally purchased as a capital expenditure can become an operational cost to your organization. Your IT is always up-to-date with our comprehensive, managed refresh schedule.
- Predictable monthly rates include hardware.
- Eliminate up-front, lump sum hardware investments.
- Planned refresh schedules protect against hardware obsolescence.
- Operational costs are spread across budget years.
- Issues resolved as they develop; no need to wait for new budget year.
- All major issues solved as a single and complete unit.
Intelligent Storage Hardware: Mid-sized to large communities (15,000 to 100,000 residents) with disparate data, need an effective way to manage and safeguard their information. Instead of housing data in each of the town’s individual locations (i.e. Town Hall, Fire House, Police Station, etc.) it can be stored and retrieved from a central depository that is secured through a unique set of definitions.
- Quicker restarts and data recovery.
- Continuous snap shots throughout the day allow current restores.
- One place to maintain and manage backups: disk, tape, or third-party vendor.
- On-demand storage, memory and CPU allow for dynamically scaling resources for any application.
Server Virtualization: Hardware avoidance is the key to cost savings! Grow virtually without procuring more hardware, since physical servers can accommodate 8-12 virtual instances per box. For each virtual server you implement, you save $4000.00 on initial hardware costs. And the refresh savings are endless.
By leveraging server virtualization you can achieve higher availability within your environment.
How does it work? We set up a minimum of two servers (or “boxes”) with 8-12 virtual server instances per box (this constitutes a farm). Say, for example, one of the servers in your farm fails. The server instances on that failed box will be live migrated across the balance of your farm. End user sessions continue without interruption or productivity loss. Catastrophe averted.
“Maintenance schedule” is no longer synonymous with “after hours!” With the ability to shift virtual instances between machines, maintenance and updates on hardware can be done during working hours with no loss of productivity. Maintain hardware in a live production environment with no down time. No after-hours work equals less overtime and a happier team!
Desktop Virtualization Saves Money. How?
Implement thin clients to support your infrastructure needs. Thin clients are competitively priced compared to desktop PCs.
How is your ROI manifested?
- No longer fight malware and spyware at the individual machine level.
- Consume less power. Components are solid state; no moving parts, no fan, no spinning hard drive.
- Support is centralized and all users are supported remotely.
- Focus resources on server maintenance vs. multiple individual machines.
Deploy applications faster. Install applications and apply patches centrally on a virtual server, then easily deploy to specified users. Streamlined deployment means more productivity and more savings!
Build a test environment. There's no need to invest in a physical test environment To reduce downtime for application installation and upgrades, just spin up a virtual server instance to test your applications before they go live.