Fandotech is proud to announce its acquisition by Industrial Defender! (Read the full press release.) The recent acquisition enables our expansion into industrial control systems verticals to deliver comprehensive backup and disaster recovery services. To best serve the niche concerns of the power, chemical, oil, gas and water sectors we have tailored our long-standing Boomerang Recovery Solution set to assist ICS professionals in preserving critical operational data, meeting regulatory challenges, and maximizing staff productivity.
Introducing Survive™ Services
Industrial Defender is the market leader in security, compliance and change management for industrial control systems (ICS). As the complexity of the control systems environment increases so does the challenge of keeping with the changing environment at a time when staffing levels are flat or decreasing. Using Industrial Defender’s backup services means that ICS professionals can focus on their main areas of responsibility: ensuring the reliability and availability of automation systems no matter what happens. We offer full backup and recovery services for a variety of IT assets, from clients and servers to unique industrial endpoints like IEDs and RTUs.
Consider the following questions;
- Could your systems’ processes survive a hardware failure?
- Can your organization survive massive data loss?
- Would your bottom-line survive a catastrophic blow to your infrastructure?
Industrial Defender’s operational continuity offerings ensure that all critical information is preserved, protected, readily available, and accessible for recovery. If data is lost, Survive services give you the ability to quickly restore your data with minimum downtime. These solutions also support regulatory compliance initiatives with regards to disaster recovery and business continuation.
Survive™ services options for ICS environments include;
- Onsite Backup, Recover and Restore: This service is geared for a timely restore of an ASM and supported appliances in the event of a hardware failure. Our service is deployed on customer identified assets and backed up to customer managed and maintained storage device housed at your location.
- Offsite Backup, Recover and Restore: Our automated backup and recovery solution is fully managed. We backup all of your mission critical data to our data centers. Data is encrypted both in transit and in storage on our storage device.
- Disaster Recovery: When disaster strikes, you can be live at our site while you rebuild your site. Fandotech will spin up your virtual server(s) and restore your backups, minimizing your downtime and saving you money.
Benefits of Survive Technology
Low touch, agentless
Agentless architecture enables:
- Low-touch and simple to manage
- Non-invasive installation, troubleshooting, upgrading, diagnosis
- Security – no agents to hack/agents need open ports
- Agentless DR – having the ability to recover to a virtual machine image
Agentless Data Collector:
The Survive Client acts as the data collector that interfaces with all your key applications, platforms and devices to backup their data. As mentioned previously the DS-Client works in an agentless manner which means it is much more low-touch and does not require disruptive agents to be installed on each of your machines. Instead the Survive Client leverages native file APIs, virtualization API, application API, and hardware APIs to capture data agentlessly.
The Survive Client uses an incremental forever algorithm to collect data and then applies compression, de-duplication, and encryption prior to send to the Survive storage device for vaulting. Typically we see a 3:1 data reduction and this ensures that both data storage capacity and bandwidth usage is minimized as well as securing the data prior to sending it over the cloud.
- 3:1 data reduction (typical)
- Optimized for WAN transfer to Survive storage for vaulting
- Local backup option